doc. Mgr. Lenka Sokolová, PhD.
Areas of interest: Educational and school psychology, psychology learning and teaching
2001 Faculty of Education, CU: teaching of psychology and English (MA)
2003 Faculty of Arts, CU: School psychology (specialization study)
2003 University of Guelph, Canada: Rudolf Dreikurs Summer School and Institute ICASSI
2004 University of Cork, Ireland: Rudolf Dreikurs Summer School and Institute ICASSI
2005 Frederick Institute of Technology, Cyprus: Group Dynamics and Social Skills in the Classroom
2006 Faculty of Education, CU: Educational psychology (PhD.)
2009 ISPA, Malta: Crisis Management in Schools - Training Course for School Psychologists
2019 Faculty of Education, JČU (Czech Republic): Educational psychology (doc.)
2000 – 2007 elementary school teacher and school psychologist
2007 - 2012 lecturer and coordinator of community educational projects (education of adults)
2011 - 2015 upper-secondary psychology teacher
2008 – 2021 assistant professor/associate professor (Faculty of Education, CU in Bratislava)
since 2015 lecturer of continuing professional development courses for teachers and helping professionals
since 2021 associate professor (Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, CU in Bratislava)
History of psychology, Educational and school psychology, Interventions in school psychology, Preventive programmes
Research and educational projects:
- VEGA 1/0119/21 Learning and attention disorders among university students: Prevalence, symptomatology, coping and learning strategies (2021 – 2024)
- Fond SK-NIC Stanem sa učITeľom – innovation of pre-gradual teacher training through video-based approach and its effective use in education (2020 - 2021)
- ESF 312011AFX7 Improving the training of future educational staff in the field of education of humanities and social sciences, languages and arts (2020 - 2021)
- VEGA 1/0409/14 Teacher´s personality and professional vision related to the solving of challenging classroom situations during the period of transition into practice (2017 - 2019)
- KEGA 060UK-4/2017 Support of narrative competence in the Slovak language for children from a marginalized language environment - a set of methodological materials (2017 - 2019)
- VEGA 1/0562/13 Social-psychological competencies in pre-gradual training and early careers of teachers (2013 - 2015)
- KEGA 021UK-4/2013 Teaching psychology and personal and social development courses - a set of teaching materials (2013 - 2015)
- VEGA 1/0253/09 Cognitive versus social preconditions for success in people with disabilities (2009 - 2012)
Membership in academic and professional organizations:
- European Federation of Psychology Teachers’ Associations (board member, 2019-22 President of EFPTA)
- EFPA Board of Educational Affairs (board member)
- Slovak Association for the Teaching of Psychology (board member)
- European Society for Psychology Learning and Teaching (ESPLAT)
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP)
- Slovak Psychological Society
- Slovak School Psychology Association
- Scientific Board of Educational Psychology study programme – doctoral studies Faculty of Education, JČU in České Budějovice, Czech Republic
- ADC Sokolová, L. (2021). Motivation towards choosing psychology as a secondary school subject: a cross-cultural comparison. Teaching of Psychology. (in press)
- ADM Lemešová, M., Sokolová, L., Harvanová, S., Jursová Zacharová, Z., & Minarovičová, K. (2021). Coping strategies and psychological constitution of pre-service and in-service teachers. Pedagogika. (in press)
- AEC Sokolová, L., & Williamson, M. (2020). The journey into psychology starts at school: pre-tertiary psychology education in Europe. In Teaching psychology around the world: Volume 5. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. S. 340-353.
- AEC Stuchlíková, I., & Sokolová, L. (2020). Training of psychologists in Czech and Slovak Republics: past and present. In Teaching psychology around the world: Volume 5. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. S. 328-339.
- ADM Harvanová, S., Sokolová, L., Lemešová, M., Jursová Zacharová, Z., Hlaváč, P., & Minarovičová, K. (2020). Pohyby očí, selektívna pozornosť a profesijné videnie učiteľov a učiteliek. Orbis Scholae, 14(1), 33-48.
- ADC Sokolová, L., Brozmanová, E., Harvanová, S., Jursová Zacharová, Z., Lemešová, M., & Minarovičová, K. (2019). Empatia učiteľov a učiteliek: prierezová štúdia (Teachers' empathy: a cross-sectional study). Československá psychologie, 63(1), 13-25.
- ADM Dutke, S., Bakker, H., Sokolová, L., Stuchlíková, I., Salvatore, S., & Papageorgi, I. (2019). Psychology curricula for non-psychologists? A framework recommended by the EFPA Board of Educational Affairs. Psychology Learning and Teaching (PLAT), 18(2), 111-120.
- ADD Masaryk, R., Sokolová, L., & Kenésy Túnyiová, M. (2018). Academic self-concept and the use of tablet technologies in Czech and Slovak schools. Studia Psychologica, 60(3), 167-182.
ADM Sokolová, L., & Šuplatová, A. (2018). Anxiety in the foreign-language classroom. Pedagogika, 132(4), 166-177.