Why to choose Institute of Public Policy
Studying at the Institute of Public Policy offers an opportunity to experience and gain the education which has real value and is career focused.
1. The education offered at the Institute of Public Policy is comparable with US and Western standards. International team of experts from US (Guy Peters, Bill Dunn, Leslie Eliason), UK, Netherlands (Ig Snellen) and Canada (Leslie Pal) were among the founders of the Institute and they have ensured a comparable structure and content of education.
2. The study programmes at the Institute of Public Policy are interdisciplinary and methodological (above all economics, sociology, law, political theory and public management).
3. We use the latest theoretic knowledge and methods of various social sciences. The Institute puts into practice Slovak conceptual and methodological apparatus, which is compatible with the current state of knowledge in the field of public policy abroad.
4. Our lecturers are internationally recognized and have extensive experience in academia, NGOs, or politics.
5. We use interactive approach and case studies in the teaching process.
6. Students and lecturers use e-learning, which provides easy communication with lecturers and allows students flexible access to study materials.
7. We regularly invite practitioners to give lectures and engage in discussions with students so that they can bring their professional experience into the classroom.
8. Students are encouraged to conduct analytical work and present their findings for public debate i.e. via the official Institute blog.
9. We cooperate with many scientific, academic and other research institutes in Slovakia and abroad.
10. Our students are encouraged to take part in study exchanges abroad within the ERASMUS programme. Among others our students have been to Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia, Germany, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Estonia, Israel and Norway.
11. Our scientific programmes are focused on socio-political and socio-economic relations and quality of management in the post-transformation period in Eastern European countries, and also the context of changes within EU and world social events. Research tasks relate to examination of the policy process and implementation of policies at national, European, regional, and local level. These tasks and research offers conceptual and analytical outputs as well as evaluation and formulation of policies and measures in various areas of the public sectors. http://fses.uniba.sk/pracoviska/ustavy/ustav-verejnej-politiky/vyskum-a-projekty/
12. Our students are involved in real research activities and their professional growth is fostered by co-organizing summer schools (eg. POL- LOC) and workshops