Surname: Popper First name: Miroslav
Born: 13. March 1964, Bratislava, Slovakia
Citizenship: Slovak Republic
2018 habilitation in social and work psychology, Comenius University in Bratislava
1994 CSc. degree (equivalent Ph.D.), psychology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
1984 - 1988 Philosophical Faculty, Comenius University, Bratislava, majoring in clinical psychology, M.A. degree
- since 2018 assistant professor Institute of Applied Psychology, Comenius University in Bratislava
- 2014 - 2018 assistant, Institute of Applied Psychology, Comenius University in Bratislava
- since 2002 senior research fellow, Department of Social and Biological Communication, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
- 1994 - 2001 scientific worker, Department of Social and Biological Communication, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
- 1990 - 1994 Ph.D. student, Department of Social and Biological Communication, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
- 1988 - 1990, fellowship,Institute of Experimental Psychology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
- By Academic Ranking and Rating Agency (ARRA) included in the list of top SAS employees
- 2019 project team member: Cross-Cultural Aspects of Compassion, Self-Compassion, and Self-Criticism, and Testing of Their Manipulation
- 2017 – 2020 principal investigator of the project: Twenty-first Century Traditional and Alternative Parenthoods: Motivations, Dilemmas and Consequences
- 2012 - 2015 principal investigator of the project: Lifestyles, Norms, and Their Transgression: Roads toward Personal Satisfaction and Social Usefulness
- 2009 - 2011 principal investigator of the project: Dynamic of Social and Moral Norms: The Socio-Psychological Research of Minotities, Marginalized and Disadvantaged Groups in Relation to the Majority
- 2006 - 2008 project team member: Intimacy and Normativeness in the Context of Citizenship
- 2003 - 2005 project team member: Human Nature and Cultural Identity
- 2003 - 2005 project team member: Individual, Community and European Identity from the Health Perspective
- 2001 - 2002 principal investigator of the project: Mind and Culture: Personal Identity and its Socio-Cultural Context.
- 2000 - 2002 project team member: Gender Construction and Sexual Health
- 1997 - 1999 project team member: The Problems of the Mental: Philosophical and Psychological Investigations.
- 1996 - 1999 principal investigator of the project: Sexual Behaviour in Young People: Risks and Health.
- 1993 - 1997 project team member: AIDS: Social Representations, Risk and Prevention in Slovakia
- 2019 project team member Milestones in transitions in intimate relationships and quality of life in adolescence and young adulthood
- 2015 – 2019 project team member Interventions for prejudice reduction against stigmatized minorities. Metrics‘ development and experimental testing of contact hypothesis in field conditions.
- 2013 – 2017 project team member: Analysis of Philosophical and ethical dimensions of NBIC Technologies Related to Human Enhancement
- 2011 – 2014 project team member: Sustainable Reproduction in Slovakia: a Psycho-social Inquire
- 2007-2010 project team member of the Centre of Excellence of SAS for Research on Citizenship and Participation (COPART)
- 2000 – 2003 team member: Sexual Health of Young People in Europe – a comparative study between UK and Slovakia, arranged between: Dr. Paul Stenner, Department of Psychology, University College London, UK and Dr. G. Bianchi, Institute for Research in Social Communication, SAS, SK
- 1999 – 2001 project team member: Comparative Study of the Sexual Health of Young People in the UK and Slovakia, arranged between: Dr. Roger Ingham, Centre for Sexual Health Research, University of Southampton, UK a Dr. G. Bianchi, Institute for Research in Social Communication, SAS, SK
- 1998 – 2000 project team member: Rapid Situation Assessment of Substance Use and Sexual Risk Behaviour in Slovakia. Project of WHO, investigated in Slovakia
- 2005 – 2008 – In the Institute for Research in Social Communication, SAS principal investigator: Migration Information Centre to Assist Migrants and Trafficked Persons in Integration in the Labour Market and the Society
- 2005 – 2008& – project team member: Gender Mainstreaming in the Reproductive Health Services
Scientific Projects (VEGA):
Scientific Projects (Slovak Research and Development Agency):
The Centre of Excellence of SAS
Selection of publishing activities
- Popper, M., Lukšík, I., Kanovský, M. (2020). Quality of life in children brought up by married and cohabiting couples. Human Affairs, 30, 1, 47-59.
- Popper, M. (2019). Kognitívne interview = Cognitive Interview. Bratislava: UK
- Popper, M. (2019). Liminal hotspots, transhumanism, and pothumanism. In Promises and perils of emerging technologies for human condition : Voices from four postcommunist Central and East European countries. - Berlin : Peter Lang GmbH, 2019, p. 17-33.
- Domínguez, G. E., Pujol, J., Motzkau, J. F., Popper, M. (2017). Suspended transitions and affective orderings : from troubled monogamy to liminal polyamory. In Theory and Psychology, 27, 2, p. 183-197.
- Popper, M., Petrjánošová, M. (2016). Do we know what we are asking? : Individual and group cognitive interviews. In Human Affairs : Postdisciplinary Humanities and Social Sciences Quarterly, 26, 3, p. 253-270.
- Popper, M. (2015). Vymedzenie noriem, prvopočiatky morálky a vzájomná dôvera [Explication of norms, origins of morality and mutual trust]. In Filosofie dnes, vol. 7, no. 1, p. 22-38.
- Popper, M. (2010). Polarizované diskurzy týkajúce sa aktuálnych spoločenských tém = Polarized Discourses Relating to Topical Social Issues. In Sociológia - Slovak Sociological Review : časopis pre otázky sociológie, roč. 42, č. 5, s. 564-583.
- Popper, M., Szeghyová, P., Šarkozy, Š. (2009). Rómska populácia a zdravie: Analýza situácie na Slovensku [Health and the Roma community: Analysis of the situation in Slovakia]. Bratislava : Partners for Democratic Change Slovakia.
- Popper, M. (2009). Niektoré evolučné pohľady na sociálne a morálne normy = Some Evolutionary Views on Social and Moral Norms. In Filozofia, roč. 64, č. 7, s. 634-645.
- SCHMITT, D.P. - ALLIK, J. - MCCRAE, R. R. - BENET-MARTINEZ, V. - ALCALAY, L. … POPPER, Miroslav … WIJAYA, A. - WOERTMAN, L. - YOUN, G. - ZUPANEIC, A. The geographic distribution of big five personality traits - Patterns and profiles of human self-description across 56 nations. In Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 2007, vol. 38, no. 2, p. 173-212.
- STENNER, Paul - BIANCHI, Gabriel - POPPER, Miroslav - SUPEKOVÁ, Marianna - LUKŠÍK, Ivan - PUJOL, Joan. Constructions of sexual relationships : A study of the views of young people in Catalunia, England and Slovakia and their health implications. In Journal of Health Psychology, 2006, vol. 11, no. 5, p. 669-684.
- PLICHTOVÁ, Jana - POPPER, Miroslav. Predpoklady a mechanizmy kultúrnej evolúcie = Assumptions and mechanisms of cultural evolution. Bratislava : Iris, 2005.
- BIANCHI, Gabriel - POPPER, Miroslav. Interaction of substance use and risk to sexual health in the Slovak army : General, sociocultural and individual behaviour patterns. In AIDS care-psychological and socio-medical aspects of AIDS/HIV, 2000, vol. 12, no. 6, p.757-765.